EXPRESSIONS THAT WON'T EVER TRANSLATE SATISFACTORILY FROM ENGLISH
It just won't feel right, it just won't do the job ☝️
- •"Get over yourself"
- •"A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do"
- •"Make something of yourself"
- •EyerollEyerolls / grunts exist everywhere in some ways, but no country does it on as epic of scale as North Americans.
- •"D'aww"What is the extra d for?
- •Blowing raspberriesI love it especially when adults do it and the phrase itself
- •The "get it gurl" snap ☝️One finger up and a snappy circle around the chest area, with slightly skewed shoulder and hips.
- •"Get it girl"If we were to try and translate this, we would have to start with defining "it," which is just not the point.