10 Things I Do But Probably Shouldn't
There are a lot of things that I do, and I know countless others do, that probably shouldn't be done. Here's a few of them that I do regularly. Comments are always welcome!
- 1.Care about how I lookI care way too much about how I look, and honestly, it's hard not to. In this world, everyone is superficial, and I feel like everyone is judging me. But even if they are, I shouldn't care as much. Imagine all the things I could be doing if I didn't spend as much time on my appearance.
- 2.Wash my hair every dayApparently, according to some science, I cannot wash my hair every day. Of course, I hate washing my hair and I don't really want to do it everyday, but I have to make sure it looks good to keep others from judging me. Which is, coincidentally, another thing I shouldn't do. So it's ok for me to just leave it greasy and in a bun one day. Who cares?
- 3.ProcrastinateI procrastinate so much! It's hard for me not to. I'll have a goal set in my mind, and I know I have to do it before a certain time, except I lie in my bed thinking of why I'm not doing it, rather than actually doing it. "Maybe I should watch this movie, I've heard it was good." Five movies later, it's 2 AM and my essay is due first thing the next day. Honestly, procrastination just causes more stress, and I really shouldn't do it.
- 4.Fantasize a little too harshlyFantasies are the shit, like legit they are the bomb. You can basically imagine yourself doing whatever the fuck you want, and it's great. But sometimes I take fantasies a little too seriously, like fantasies are not foretelling the future, yet for some reason, when my fantasy doesn't come true, I flip shit (no matter how unrealistic it was). And honestly, I really need to stop.
- 5.Pick my acneI constantly do this. I see one small pimple on my face and instantly I think it's a tragedy. And then, like a cannibalistic gorilla, I claw at the small pimple and only succeed in making it bloody, bigger, and irritated. Then it scabs over, and a pimple that could have been gone in a few day takes weeks to heal.
- 6.Get too caught up in the presentSure, you're supposed to stop and sniff the flowers, but don't pick them apart. I get way too caught up in the present. Everything that is happening currently seems like such a disaster and I really should look at it from a different viewpoint. "None of this will matter when you're older." That's true, and I really shouldn't let it matter now.
- 7.Count the number of friends I haveI have about five friends. I don't know what classifies one as my best friend, and I don't really know the difference between a friend and an acquaintance. I count my number of friends way too much. I feel like a number will show how popular I am and make me feel better. And I shouldn't feel that way. The number of your friends does nothing for you, but the people you surround yourself with do, regardless of how many of them there are. So honestly, I really need to stop counting my friends.
- 8.Conform to society's expectation of romanceEveryone should have their first kiss before high school is over. Everyone must get married. Everyone has to have kids. Everyone has to have sex at this age. Well, you know what? That shit sucks, because if you haven't reached one of those goals, you feel awful. And I really shouldn't care about society's expectations of romance or anything in general.
- 9.Look at beauty magazinesThey only succeed in making me feel ugly. So yeah, I shouldn't look at them. Of course I'm not going to look as beautiful as a model, and that's ok. But honestly, no one is that comfortable with themselves to look at a beauty magazine and not feel any jealousy. So I shouldn't look at them, after all, a lot of it is photoshopped.
- 10.Keep myself from doing something for fear of other's judgmentFor the longest time I did not want to run in my neighborhood. People would look at me and judge my running. But you know what? At least I was running, and it was fun for me. I shouldn't let fear of judgment keep me from dancing and singing and letting myself be free, because before I know it, I won't be able to do those things anymore.