My Favorite Harry Potter Books
Okay, well, every Harry Potter book is my favorite Harry Potter book. It is really hard to pick just one, but having finished my annual reread, I felt compelled to do so. This list is not favorite to least favorite, it is more like #1 favorite to #7 favorite. It is not easy to pick, kind of like if Voldemort had to pick his favorite horcrux.
- 1.Half Blood PrinceFour of my favorite characters (besides Harry obviously) are Draco, Snape, Voldemort, and Dumbledore. This book definitely focuses on them a lot and I love it. Every time I reread this book, I read it the quickest. I love all the information you find out here. I especially love seeing another side of Draco with the help of Moaning Myrtle. It always makes me tear up toward the end. "I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you."
- 2.Goblet of FireThis is the last book where Harry is a "boy" in my eyes. Voldemort comes back (which is awesome) and he sees Cedric die. Things start to get extremely serious, even if half the Wizarding world doesn't want to admit it later on. I love the Triwizard tournament. I love all the twists and turns. I love how much we learn in this book. We are given such a bigger view of the world in which Harry lives. So much information! And, of course, Remember Cedric Diggory.
- 3.Chamber of SecretsThis book is so dear to my heart. It's the one I've probably read most and the movie I've seen most. I love Gilderoy Lockhart so much. This book makes me laugh harder than any other. I just love it. Things are much lighter and happier, of course, so it's always a nice breath of fresh air before things get darker for Harry. Slytherin is my house, so that's probably another reason I like this book so much. And school age Tom Riddle is just so interesting. Plus, Harry meets Fawkes! 🔥
- 4.Prisoner of AzkabanI really do love this book so so so much. It's very good. The Whomping Willow/Shrieking Shack, dementors, the time turner, Buckbeak, Hogsmeade, the Marauders, the Knight Bus, and of course—Lupin! It starts to get a darker feel here and more serious/Sirius. There are too many wonderful parts to name.
- 5.Deathly HallowsSigh. This book makes me cry like no other. It is a perfect ending to a perfect series, that is for certain. My favorite part of any book can be found on page 747. Again, so much information. So many moments that go straight to your heart. I love this book because the trio becomes so much closer. I try to read this the slowest so my rereads don't end so quick. I am always so happy when I finish it though. Until the very end!
- 6.Sorcerer's StoneThis poor book always gets slightly neglected on lists like this I think! Oops. How could anyone not love this book, regardless if it's #1 favorite vs #7 favorite? It is the book that brought us into the wizarding world! It made us fall in love with Harry Potter! It holds a very special place in my heart and I think I smile during every word that I read, thank you very much.
- 7.Order of the PhoenixLuna, Tonks, Dumbledore's Army, Grawp, Umbridge. Sigh. I do love this book. Fred and George's departure = the best. However, if you know me, you know Sirius Black bothers me like no other. This book is always last on my list for that reason. He irks me entirely too much in this book, no matter how much I can understand the way he is acting and why. Ugh. Everyone is so angsty in this book! I get it, and I know J.K. herself wrote this in a sad state. The thestrals are my favorite!