My Favorite Harry Potter Movies
There is currently a Harry Potter weekend on TV. It has inspired me to think of my favorite Harry Potter moves in order. This is very hard! My list certainly varies from my favorite books, and like I said, they are my favorite, not necessarily the "best" ones.
- •1. Chamber of SecretsThis has been, and always will be, my favorite. I can quote this one from start to finish and I have seen it the most. Plus, I have a huge soft spot for Gilderoy Lockhart.
- •2. Deathly Hallows Part 1This movie is SO GOOD. I think this one is closest to capturing any of the books on screen. I used to watch this on repeat as well. The movie is almost exactly what I pictured when reading.
- •3. Prisoner of AzkabanThis movie is so visually stunning and the score is my favorite out of any of the movies.
- •4. Deathly Hallows Part 2This movie actually annoys me the most because of some decisions they made against the book, BUT ANYWAY, I still love it. The nonstop action and emotional overload is hard not to love. Until the very end!
- •5. Half Blood PrinceAs much as this movie makes me cry, it also makes me laugh. A lot. The scene where Harry gets the horcrux with Dumbledore is the best. I also LOVE the score. It's so heartbreakingly wonderful.
- •6. Order of the PhoenixThe battle at the Department of Mysteries is one of my favorite scenes in a movie! I just wish we got that Lockhart cameo.
- •7. Goblet of FireThis movie moves so quickly in sometimes what I think is a bad way. The long hair is also distracting. Still, the graveyard scene is everything!
- •8. Sorcerer's StoneI feel so bad putting this last! It was obviously completely amazing to see this movie for the first time when it came out. There was no greater feeling! The book introduced us to Harry and the movie took us even further into his journey! I smile so hard whenever I watch this one now. My God, I love Harry Potter.