Some Things I Like About Indiana
My home state. I visit too often and it makes my heart hurt due to nostalgia and comfort food.
- •In the summer it gets dark around 9:30They must have gotten daylight savings time wrong or something.
- •Stores don't sell alcohol on SundaysThis is actually awful, but the scramble to find something to drink before HBO's Sunday night lineup exciting.
- •Nothing's doing.
- •Everything is relatively inexpensive.And there is so much of it.
- •The smell.
- •Cornfed bros in sleeveless t-shirts and basketball shirts.I don't know.
- •Purdue UniversityI went to college there and frequently daydream about going back and teaching or just moving in with all the townies I've grown to envy and reverie.
- •My mother lives there.With her seven cats, who I like to varying degrees.
- •Midwestern Power Drinking.
- •Wide open spaces.
- •Many people.People who I love and who smile when they see me.
- •Leaving.The airport has a Chick-Fil-A.