IDEAL MAIN STAGE FESTIVAL BILL - OPENER TO HEADLINE
- •Hurray for the Riff RaffRichie Havens opened Woodstock, and Hurray for the Riff Raff is about as close as we have. Beautiful voice, heavily politicised, gorgeous melodies - it's around midday and a crowd is gathering and her songs fill the field. Have a beer.
- •Craig FinnThe Hold Steady would be a bit weird on a big stage, but early in the day would be great for Finn's solo stuff. Adored his last record, one of my favourites of last year.
- •Marc CohnLEGENDS SLOT. You've had enough time to get a buzz on, Cohn sings Walking In Memphis and the crowd goes fucking nuts.
- •HaimEarly afternoon, more people filling the field, maybe you've got a hot dog or something?
- •Lianne La HavasMostly an excuse for me to meet Lianne La Havas. Also a good early evening slot, soaring vocals and some fancy stage production and a killer band.
- •Charles BradleyNight is starting now, so people getting on their feet, jumping a bit, maybe you've snogged someone inappropriate? Who knows.
- •Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night SweatsEveryone's at their BEST drunk by this point
- •Counting CrowsIdeally everyone at this fest loves Counting Crows as much as me. They play for 3 hours. I do a big cry.