IMPORTANT DRINKS I HAVE DRUNK
- •Sazerac from The Sazerac BarWent to New Orleans this year for the first time and one of the main goals was to get this Sazerac. It did not disappoint.
- •Peanut Bourbon from The Louisiana Food and Beverage MuseumAgain, New Orleans. I adored this museum, you just wander around with a drink looking at cool food things.
- •The Underwood at Manhattans ProjectMy friend Felix invented this Sazerac that uses bone marrow infused cognac and holy shit it's delicious. It's also named after my best mate, who has a shit cancer at the moment (but is bossing it).
- •Yunnan teaWent through a phase of drinking loose leaf tea and being a real truther about it. I was probably very annoying. That said, I got well into smoky teas, Yunnan specifically - not as beefy as Lapsang Souchong but you're in the right ballpark.
- •Flat white, coffee works project, AngelHad this coffee before a job interview for an actual writing job. Thought to myself that if I got said job I'd come here all the time, part of my routine. Did get job! Good luck coffee!
- •Red wine, post car crashCrashed my car in January and it was not a fun experience. I was supposed to be on tour, but had to reschedule a lot. Luckily I did it back home, so could retreat to the arms of my parents. When my mum came back, and after she'd stopped crying, she brought me a big glass of red wine, and it was the most delicious wine I had ever tasted.