THINGS I REMEMBER FROM PARIS 🇫🇷
My Mum had a Parisian friend, so for a few years we had some pretty cheap holidays to Paris. It's my favourite city. Here's what I remember.
- •Crepes. Lots of them.I was a very fussy eater as a kid but I fucking loved crepes and would seek out the crepe stands, maybe eat 2 or 3 a day.
- •Breaking a bike in Versailles2nd time we visited Paris we did Versailles and hire bikes and cycled around, and it was lovely! I was dinging my bell! Living my best life! And then bam - bell flew off. No more dinging for me.
- •Holding the gate open on the MetroYeah I didn't know how Metros worked so just thought I'd try and be polite and hold the gate open for my Mum. Turns out: no. Can't do that.
- •Mum freaking out half way up the Eiffel TowerNot great with heights is my Mum, and she's even worse with birds in small spaces - so, when half way up the tower a couple pigeons decided to join us, well, we just came back down.
- •Airbeds.We stayed at a friends' art studio in Vincennes - shout out to Vincennes native and lister @Lisa_Fav - and there was one double bed...for 5 of us...so the kids had air beds that we lay top to tail.
- •The Fnac in BastilleIn hindsight Fnac is probably just a regular record shop but to a kid from mid-Wales, it was like Mecca - I bought This Desert Life by Counting Crows, which up til that point I couldn't find - and listened to it in our tiny apartment and it was great
- •The Rodin MuseumDudes. The Rodin Museum is hot. Go to the Rodin Museum next time you're in Paris.
- •My brother told me his first crushUp til this point my brother and I talked about football, music, and the Simpsons - BUT I'll always remember Paris as the place where my bro first said he found a girl cute. That girl? Norah Jones. They never got together.
- •"puis j'avoire une cornetto soft sil vous plait"The sentence I used the most because I was full jonesing for cornetto softs. The cute girl giving out the cornetto softs said my French was very good, the beginning of a life long inability of me to spot flirting when it is happening in my face.
- •Disneyland: pissing it downSeriously. It was the only rainy day we had, and it fucking *rained*
- •...and getting lost.I was in a thing as Disneyland, I think the 20,000 Leagues exhibit, and I was bored so looked for the exit - "SORTIE" - alas, I ducked out the fire exit, so was, in fact, outside the park, alone, with no phone. I had to jimmy my way through a gap in the wall back into the park. Styled it out.