Common Reactions to My Name
Oh, the perks of not being named something like Chloe.
- •"Heya Haya! Hahahaha"After cracking themselves up, they sober up and say, "Sorry, you probably get that all the time", while stifling another giggle.
- •Heyyyyyyyy yaaaaaaa *wiggling spirit fingers*Thanks for releasing that song when I was 11, Outkast. You really made my night at the school disco.
- •"Is it Hi-ya?"No. It's Hay-a. Exactly how it looks. It's two syllables, you have a fifty-fifty at getting it right, and you still get it wrong. You wouldn't pronounce William as "will-i-am", would you? Unless you're in the Black Eyed Peas.
- •"It's nice to meet you, Maya."I've been called this so many times that I may as well legally change my name.
- •"Heya!"This is actually when someone is calling out to someone else but I turn around because I think they're talking to me. This is why I don't turn around unless you say "Haya, I'm talking to you! Why aren't you turning around?!"
- •People don't believe it's actually your nameI texted a friend for the first time and they texted back "who's this?" I sent "Haya", and they replied "yeah, hi, but who's this?" That's one way to find out you've got the wrong number. Or she was pretending not to know me.