I Am Done With Social Media
Except for li.st of course—I feel like this is so different than any other form of social media.
- •I have wasted too much time trying to curate the perfect caption for photos
- •I have spent too much time checking my phone to see how many likes or retweets I've gotten
- •I have spent too much time trying to make my life seem better than it isNot that's it's bad, but it's not always insta worthy
- •I realized today that when I use social media it's usually to make my life seem great other peopleAnd I don't want to continue to do so. I love my life. It's great. I shouldn't feel the need for validation from other people that my life is good.
- •I've already stopped using Twitter and Facebook and I'm holding on to Instagram, but I think it's time to let it go.
- •I already care too much about what people think. Social media just makes it worse for me.
- •And I'm saying this here because like so many other people, I'm so bad at sharing my feelings in real life.
- •So shoutout to li.st for being chill and a welcoming place for stuff like this.
- •I have shared my feelings for the year now
- •And I am equally relieved and uncomfortableWhich sounds about right