The Birthday Dinner I'm making tomorrow: Steak and Spirals
Originally saw this on FB, my adaptation:
- •Two really nice steaks of your cut choice, grilled, sautéed, or baked to a nice medium, rested, trimmed, and cut into thin bite sized pieces
- •One large white onion, finely diced
- •Tablespoon of finely chopped garlic
- •Portobello mushrooms, sliced, 8-12 ounces
- •One pound of spiral elbows
- •Grated Pecorino Romano, 6-8 ounces
- •Crumbled bleu cheese, 8-12 ounces
- •Heavy cream
- •Put noodles on to cook, just slightly al dente
- •Cook steaks, rest before cutting into bite sized pieces
- •In 2 Tbsp. Butter and 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, sauté onion, garlic, and mushroom until onions are translucent and mushrooms are cooked down. Now would be the time to add some salt and pepper to taste.
- •Add all the Romano, 1/2 of the bleu cheese, and heavy cream to make sauce enough to coat all the pasta
- •Thoroughly combine pasta, meat, and sauce, pour into ovenproof casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining crumbled bleu cheese and about a 1/2 cup of buttered cracker or bread crumbs. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees(F) for 30-45 minutes until crispy and golden on top.