A FEW FUN ICELANDIC WORDS
Icelandic is a fun language. ✌️
- •GluggaveðurWhen the weather looks good through the window & then you go outside & it's freezing and/or windy. This is a very handy word. Literally: window weather.
- •RúnturA popular route that you drive again & again while hanging out. A very popular teenage activity. (In my hometown the 'rúntur' is basically the main road so you have to do a U-turn at both ends)
- •KviðmágurSomeone who has slept with the same person that you have slept with. Literal translation: Abdomen-brother-in-law.
- •FlugdólgurYou know those people who cause trouble on flights & sometimes have to be restrained? We've made a word for that - could be translated as a 'flight hooligan'
- •ÁstfanginnThe adjective for being in love. Literally means 'love imprisoned'