NOVEMBER 1ST IS AN IMPORTANT DAY
- •My mom has been sober for 17 years today. 🎉🎉🎉
- •She's such a hero.
- •She had a terrible childhood.She suffers from PTSD because of it.
- •Had me at 18, my sister at 23 & then a divorce at 24.A single mom of 2 sounds tough enough without all the other problems.
- •Stopped drinking, found faith & met & married my stepdad within one year.She says those first couple of years of marriage where REALLY tough.
- •Had 2 more kids
- •Has been working at a rehab facility for about 5 years now - helping other people becoming sober
- •Is dealing with her childhood trauma by seeing a therapistShe'll have days where she can't do anything because she had a rough session. But she keeps going & is so aware of when she's reacting to her childhood trauma instead of the situation at hand.
- •Has just started school this year to start a long journey towards becoming a therapist herselfShe's 43 & she hasn't been to school properly since before I was born, 25 years ago.
- •She's one of my best friends & I'm just so thankful for this day 17 years ago.