5 THINGS TO DO WITH LEFTOVER HALLOWEEN CANDY
by Kathryn Lindsay ~ Oh gosh, do you guys feel that? That pounding in your head? It’s a sugar hangover. You ate a TON of Halloween candy last night, and somehow there’s still a TON left. While you may not have the stamina to power through the rest of it on your own, you can still get a little hair of the dog through some creative recipes and hacks.
- •Candy pancake breakfastThere’s no better way to wake up from a night of eating candy then by eating more candy. Just whip up some pancake batter as normal (or, from a mix. We know sugar hangovers can be hard) and mix in some crushed Snickers, Reese’s, M&Ms, and whatever else you find in your bag.
- •Freeze itIf you don’t want to eat it all in one go, chuck it in the freezer to use as ingredients for your next ice cream party, or even as accessories for your December gingerbread house–or your November gingerbread house. There’s no such thing as celebrating the holidays too early!
- •Coffee FlavorsForget coffee creamer, use those Hershey’s Kisses to sweeten your morning cup. Or, get super inventive with your various chocolate bars and give Starbucks a run for their money by making some deliciously sugary caffeinated treats. Can you say Butterfinger Frappuccino? Put your ice, coffee, and chocolate in a blender, and mix it up as much as your heart desires.
- •Candy bar bacon rollsYes. I’m not joking. This is a real thing. All you’ll need is: Croissant dough, bought from the supermarket Bacon Candy bars Sugar or sour cream for toppings Just stuff the dough with bacon and candy, bake for sixteen to twenty minutes, and then enjoy the most delicious thing you’ll ever eat.
- •Leftover candy browniesYou’ll need: One cup and two tablespoons of all purpose flour One teaspoon of baking powder One-quarter teaspoon of salt Three-quarters of a cup of packed light brown sugar One-third of a cup of softened butter Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract One egg All your chocolatey Halloween candy! Whisk it all together, fold in your candy, and enjoy!