ALL THE STYLE LESSONS DOLLY PARTON TAUGHT ME 🙌
by Amber Bryce ~ Few others could pull off such glorious displays of tackiness and make them look magical in the process. Who could be a more fitting style icon for a season that celebrates all things sequinned, sparkly (and yes, a little bit silly)? Read the full story here: http://bit.ly/1P9Vl7w
- •Don’t be afraid of the rainbowWhether electric blue with silver rhinestones, or tangerine orange and tasselled with gold sequins, Dolly’s wardrobe has always embraced the full spectrum of the rainbow. I take inspiration from this, because colours are so beautiful and have the incredible ability to completely change my mood. If I wear a lime green coat on a grey, rainy day, I’ll instantly feel better — FACT.
- •A jumpsuit can solve all your problemsI’m convinced that jumpsuits are the secret to instant confidence. I’ve even worn one to do the hoovering, just because it made me feel a bit like David Bowie (and was actually super comfy). Sure, they might be a pain when it comes to going to the toilet, but otherwise a jumpsuit is pretty much the perfect item of clothing. Forget having to find a coordinating shirt or skirt, once it’s on you’re sorted.
- •SLEEVES!Nobody does sleeves like Dolly. They’ve been so long and floaty, they could almost be ethereal angel wings or dancing ghost bodies. I may not own any sleeves quite so spectacular but there’s a lot to be said for the freedom such flared ornamentations can give, a gentle breeze yawning across your skin with every arm gesture.
- •You don’t need to be from Tennessee to be a cowgirlOne checked shirt (tied in a knot at the waist), high waisted denim jeans, cowboy boots and a bandana are all you need to feel like a prairie princess. Also, you’d be surprised at the amount of instantaneous sass a simple cowboy hat can give you (cue “Jolene”).
- •Magic exists and it’s a pink sequinned dressIf there’s ever an opportunity to dress like a giant disco ball, I’ll take it. Walking around in sequinned outfits has the ability to make you feel like space goddess, with baby stars winking from every crease in your fabric. Although I’ll never own Dolly’s pink sequined number, I still hope to spend my days channelling such vibes; always being the light up singing Santa next to the pensive nativity scene figurines.