REASONS WHY FALL IS THE VERY BEST SEASON
by Sammy Nickalls ~ Read the full story here: http://bit.ly/1WR20ue
- •The very first crisp dayThey say the first official day of fall is on the autumnal equinox, but we all know that the first ACTUAL day is when you step outside and realize that it’s time to go back inside and grab an extra layer of clothing. That slightly chilly breeze after a long, hot summer is absolutely magical.
- •It’s jacket season. . .Speaking of clothes, you can finally break out your fave fall jacket! Fall jackets aren’t as bulky as winter jackets and can add so much “flair” to your outfit, all while keeping you nice and cozy.
- •. . . and boot season!Sandals, step aside. Boots are the best footwear. Pulling those babies over leggings feels just SO good. Plus, there’s something so satisfying about the crunch your boots make on fallen leaves.
- •Fall flavorsI’m a huge proponent of pumpkin-flavored anything, but even if you’re not too into the pumpkin spice extravaganza that’s all over coffee shops in the chiller months, there’s cinnamon, maple, almond, caramel. . . drooling a little just thinking about it, TBH.
- •Watching the leaves start to change. . .There’s nothing quite like seeing the first hints of bright color in an otherwise green landscape, because you know it’s the beginning of a gorgeous show put on by Mother Nature herself. Thanks, Mom.
- •Witnessing the explosion of color unfoldReds, oranges, yellows! And so many different shades! Fall trees are so unbelievably breathtaking, and knowing that the colors are temporary just makes us appreciate them all the more. It’s a reminder to stop and notice the beauty around us.
- •Apple pickingGoing to an orchard to pick apples is not only serene — rows upon rows of trees adorned with gorgeous apples — but fun. Picking the perfect apples with your BFF or lovah and hauling ’em home to make apple pies is one of those things you never forget.
- •Jumping in piles of leavesOh, don’t make that face. They don’t revoke your adult license for jumping leaves. Why? Because it rocks.
- •Cozy, oversized sweatersMy closet in the fall is pretty much sweater after sweater to pair with a comfy set of leggings. So perfect for curling up by the fire and reading a good book.
- •Going to the thrift store to find said sweatersIt can be hard to find things like shorts and cute, well-fitting tanktops at Goodwill. But sweaters? IN ABUNDANCE. So many funky, vintage sweaters and cardigans to be found!
- •BonfiresSure, there are summer bonfires, but there’s something SO much better about fall bonfires. For one, it’s chilly, so you can wrap yourself up in a hoodie and gather close to the fire with all your friends and loved ones. (I never really understood summer bonfires. Why would you start a big giant fire when it’s already so hot outside?)
- •Apple ciderIT’S FALL IN A CUP.
- •Breaking out your flannel sheets for the first timeSure, they make it way harder to get out of bed in the morning, but they’re so cozy and SO WORTH IT.
- •It reminds us to be thankfulWe should always be grateful for what we have, but the Thanksgiving season really reminds us how wonderful our life truly is and how lucky we are to have our loved ones. (And also, it reminds us how great food is.)