THE BEST IDEAS FOR HOMEBODY PLANS THIS HALLOWEEN
by Sammy Nickalls ~ It's officially Halloween: when millions dress up in crazy costumes and hit the town. If you don’t feel like doing the whole party thing (no shame), but still want to celebrate this *spooky* day of merriment, there are plenty of things you can do in the comfort of your own home. Full staycation here: http://bit.ly/1l0T70i
- •Get in costume at homeYou 100% do NOT need to go out to wear a costume. You can rock your badass costume no matter what, so prance around your living room wearing your Leslie Knope get-up, because let’s be honest here, you look awesome in it.
- •Have a horror movie night. . .Want to be super scared tonight? Turn off all the lights and hunker down with a friend / partner (you’ll want to hug them due to complete and utter fear), comfy blankets, and a bowl of candy. Turn on Netflix and pick a flick that you’ve been meaning to check out, but never got around to watching (*cough* was too afraid to watch *cough*). Need inspiration? Check out this list of the most popular horror movies: http://bit.ly/1SeCIQQ
- •Have a less scary but still festive Halloween movie nightOK, maybe you’re not so into scary movies, but still want those Halloween feels. Why not Nightmare Before Christmas or Halloweentown?
- •Have your own Halloween party!This year, I’m just having a couple friends over so we can all be in costume together and have a few drinks in each other’s company. What more do you really need? All the fun of Halloween without any of the stress!
- •Read scary stories onlineWhy not have a horror reading? Take turns reading terrifying stories on Creepy Pasta to scare the hell out of each other, then eat candy for comfort.
- •Carve pumpkinsThere is seriously nothing that will get you more in the Halloween spirit than carving a pumpkin. You can go with the classic grinning jack-o-lantern, or you can find seriously cool patterns online and get ultra artsy. You can even put a candle in it and give it a festive glow.
- •Play your scariest video gamesMaybe you want to get in on the scariness on a deeper level. Pull out Resident Evil or Silent Hill 2 and get to playing! If you don’t own any video games, there are some free ones you can check out. (Or you could play Google’s “Candy Cup” game — it’s not exactly scary, but it’s fun!)
- •Watch a super over-the-top ghost hunting show.There’s nothing like watching Zak Bagans totally overreact when he hears a simple floorboard creak.
- •Fancy up your nails Halloween stylePull out those nail pens and get ready to paint some Frankensteins, man!
- •Partake in some wine (with the right candy)Did you know certain candies go awesomely with certain wines? The experts at Vivino have created the most awesome Halloween wine guide ever. Pop open a bottle of Merlot, but make sure to pair it with some M&Ms or some Snickers!