Eleven Guidelines for Success by Donald Trump
Got Donald Trump's 1987 book The Art Of The Deal. The back cover advertises Trump's "eleven guidelines for success." He lays them out in chapter two.
- •Think Big"If you're going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big."
- •Protect the Downside and the Upside Will Take Care of Itself
- •Maximize Your Options
- •Know Your Market"Trump Tower is a building the critics were skeptical about before it was built, but which the public obviously liked. I'm not talking about the sort of person who inherited money 175 years ago and lives on 84th Street and Park Avenue. I'm talking about the wealthy Italian with the beautiful wife and the red Ferrari."
- •Use Your Leverage
- •Enhance Your Location
- •Get The Word Out"There are singers in the world with voices as good as Frank Sinatra's but they're singing in their garages because no one has ever heard of them."
- •Fight Back"I'm very easy to get along with...but when people treat me badly, my general attitude, all my life, has been to fight back very hard."
- •Deliver the GoodsThis part had the best story.
- •Contain the Costs
- •Have Fun"Money was never a big motivator for me, except as a way to keep score."