THE BEST THINGS ABOUT AUTUMN
Some of the things which make Autumn (or Fall to you Americans) the best of all the seasons... Add your own!
- •The log fires. We've got one roaring right now, and I bloody love it.
- •All the good TV shows start again after their summer break. Plus you've got stuff like Downton and the new Attenborough doc. Bliss!
- •The autumnal colours, all those leaves falling from the trees and the clear, frosty blue sky
- •The fact that it's acceptable to stay in and cuddle-up on the sofa again. Goodbye, summer socialising!
- •Say goodbye to the sweatiness of summer, with it's unpredictable heat and humidity. Even worse if you have to use the underground every day like I do.
- •Crunchy leaves under foot. Lush!
- •The run-up to winter and Christmas. All of the excitement and anticipation without any of the January blues!
- •Far more beautiful sunsets than the rest of the year. A delight for shepherds and normos alike
- •The evenings drawing-in, with my journey home being mostly in the dark. No idea why I like that. But I do.
- •Fireworks night. Sparklers especially!