BLACK LIVES MATTER
Inspired by everyone, along with the news events of late. This is stream of consciousness and I hope it makes sense.
- •When a man - Philando Castile - is shot and bleeds out in front of his child for doing literally nothing wrong except having a broken tail light, it's time to do something.Let's let Hillary's emails rest for a second and try to figure out why people are being murdered for no reason.
- •And Mr. Castile is not the first, only the latest example of the systemic horror.(Worded terribly but you get what I'm trying to say right?)
- •I'm a middle-class white woman but this still horrifies me.I think if it doesn't, you are dead inside.
- •I wish I could change this.
- •I know I can vote for officials who give a shit about the kind of stuff, and I intend to.
- •I know that if I'm ever a parent, I can raise my kids right.
- •But it doesn't feel like enough. I don't know that it ever will be.
- •I know that speaking out about is at least keeping the conversation alive, making it difficult to ignore.Even though @list doesn't seem to notice...
- •Come on @list, you have an opportunity here. This app can be really fun and lighthearted, but it's also chock full of thoughtful, intelligent people and you shouldn't ignore this important moment for lists about TV shows.
- •I just wanted to share my thoughts. I don't want to be a bystander to all of this.