PICTURES FROM MY LAST TRIP TO IRELAND ☘🍻💚
I was 20 years old the last time I was there (I'm 28 now). This makes me want to go back so badly!
- •My first legal alcoholic drink.It was a half-pint of Guinness. I choked it down because I had to - I get that Guinness is the national beer but I do not like it.
- •One of the cats on my uncle's farm.My family lives in a remote coastal town in County Mayo. My uncles (my dad's uncles, technically) are farmers and fishermen and one of them still lives in the house they were born in.
- •Another kitty, named Spud.I tried to name him Pudding (like black and white pudding, get it?) on a prior trip, but my uncle forgot. And renamed him Spud.
- •The cliffs in the distance.The Atlantic Ocean is like right fucking there, you guys.
- •Some of the other farms in the town.I wasn't kidding when I said it was remote.
- •Cows on the road.This happens and you just have to deal with it.
- •The road into town.Fun fact: when you send mail to my uncles, there's no house number. You just put first and last name, town, county, Ireland. That's like sending mail to me at "Sarah, Chicago, IL, USA." But it gets there!
- •This is the view from the hotel.I just think it's pretty.
- •This is the road into town.It's a very small town but they have pubs!
- •One of the local pubs, as seen from outside.My dad is pals with the bartender here and so he always gets a free pint when he first gets to town.
- •My favorite takeaway!They deep-fry the veggie burgers. So good, especially when drunk.
- •Just more of the landscape.I don't know if those boats are still viable...
- •Me, posing with my pint, when I was still skinny and full of dreams.That's the gate in front of my uncle's house. Omg I was so skinny. I actually lost weight on that trip even though all I ate was potatoes and all I drank was beer. Metabolism, I miss you. Come back to me.
- •This is my uncle's house.This is where my grandmother was born, along with 11 other siblings. She lived here until she was 18. My uncle still lives here. Fun fact: they did an addition on the house at one point. It used to be smaller. With 12 kids living there!
- •I hope this was interesting. I know it's not Dublin or Galway, there's no pictures of the Guiness brewery or anything. But it's the Ireland I know best, the Ireland I feel most connected to, and the one I love.
- •Sláinte! ☘