THE MEANINGS OF MY NAMES
Inspired by @seyi ☺️
- •First nameI was named after my paternal grandmother. The story goes that my parents had a boy name picked out for me, then I showed up and I was a girl and they were like "oh well shit". So my dad suggested Sarah and my mom rolled with it. I like my first name a lot.
- •Middle nameMy brother was almost 7 when I was born. He suggested my middle name and my parents liked it! Apparently by the third kid, they'd gotten pretty laid back about the baby-naming process. This is the name I would give at bars in college when creepy guys were bothering me.
- •Unmarried last nameIt's Irish. I used to get teased for this name (for the actual word that it is), but I then grew to love it and miss it sometimes. My friends still call me this.
- •Married last nameIt's… Welsh, I think? People always mispronounce it, then when I correct them they feel stupid because it's so easy and they were overthinking it.
- •NicknamesAside from my unmarried last name, my dad has always called me "Saesheen" which is like an Irish-ization endearment version of my first name. That's the only one that's ever really stuck, but I like it.