WHY EQUESTRIAN IS A SPORT
The pony ride you took when you were 5 does not make you an expert on the subject.
- •It is in the Olympics.This is pretty definitive to me. There are many equestrian events in the Olympics.
- •It makes your muscles sore.If you have not done this in a while, expect DOMS. it's no joke.
- •It burns calories.I mean I don't know how many, but I do know this is how I managed to not be fat in high school (sidebar: I thought I was super fat in high school. Why did no one take me aside and say 'hey, you're at a healthy weight and you're adorable'?)
- •It is a team sport.The team may just be you and your trusty equine, but you are a team. You each serve a purpose.
- •It is not easy.I hate when people say you just "sit there and steer". This is a 1000+ lb animal that is running and jumping over tall obstacles and you have to not only not fall off, but look good doing it and/or be the fastest at it. But go ahead and show me how it's just like driving a car.