YOU DEFINITELY TOOK YOUR KIDS TRICK-OR-TREATING IN PORTLAND IF...
- •You received freshly smoked salmon instead of candy. Wild caught & smoked by the same guy who was handing it out shirtless but wearing suspenders/jeans.
- •You received homemade granola (allergy friendly/vegan/gluten free)
- •Your kids forgot they were trick-or-treating and instead decided to jump in puddles. Because nature > candy.
- •Your kids knew which leaves came from which trees (oak, maple, etc.) but only knew one brand of candy #peanutbuttercups4life
- •You traveled by kayaks around your neighborhood because it was flooding and adventure was calling.
- •Your kids collected candy using a reusable bag made out of plastic waste from the ocean.
- •You made said bag yourself because you're anti mass-consumerism.
- •Your kids and their friends dressed up like mini versions of their parents rather than actual characters. Ex: mountain climbers, marathon runners, fishermen.
- •Obviously you made those costumes from scratch using organic or up-cycled materials. 'Cuz Portland.