What I Wanted to Be Growing Up, Chronologically
I was the youngest of 3 and the only girl, if that helps
- •"Dorothy Kid" in the Wizard of OzI was 4. The movie entranced me. It was all I talked about for months. I wanted to BE Dorothy.
- •An actressOnce my mom realized I actually thought I could be Dorothy, she explained the whole camera and acting thing to me.
- •A reality tv starThis was around 1983. Clearly I was ahead of my time.
- •A tap dancerBecause Shirley Temple
- •By age 8, I decided I wanted to be a lawyerSomeone suggested it, and I agreed.
- •Then I changed to teacher. I thought, "I could stop at this grade and just do this for the rest of my life"
- •I moved on to 4th grade and back to lawyer
- •Then I won a speech competition in 6th grade and went back to actress
- •I went to college to study speech and music
- •During college I dreamed about going to BroadwayAnd recently my 12 yr old daughter asked me why I never pursued that. (Her question was "Why didn't you do more with your singing career? Implied was a "because you definitely could have succeeded.") I didn't like my answer