TRICK OR TREATING ROUTINE
From 1996-2009 the Givertz and August families came together every year to walk the same route in search of candy. Here's the map.
- •Seaverns Ave.Home base. This is where we lived and because we couldn't leave the neighborhood we had to maximize our candy to street ratio.
- •Center street businessesAll the shops and restaurants gave out candy. This was common knowledge so you had to get there early. The fire station always ran out first.
- •Dempster St.The Big Kahuna. Best costumes. Best candy (king-size only). Best decorations.
- •Georgina's houseTraditional last stop. Paying respect to the woman who half-raised us.
- •Galloway HouseAn Irish pub that served as our stock exchange. 1. Sort. 2. Rank. 3. Trade. 4. Eat.
- •HomeTook our pillow cases and dumped out their contents on our living room floor where it would remain for months to come.