10 Things You Only Understand if You're a Runner
All you NARP (non-athletic regular people) just wouldn't understand. And even within the realm of athletes, us runners are a whole different breed...
- 1.The desire to consume everything in the fridge after Sunday long run
- 2.The love-hate relationship you have with the ice baths
- 3.When you forget to charge your Garmin
- 4.When someone tells you "good job," but you're A.) running awful or, B.) on your cool-down jog
- 5.The overwhelming excitement when the park you run at develops a new trail (especially if it's unpaved and through the woods)
- 6.When you run by a flock of geese and you're trying to be brave, but you are actually terrified
- 7.The pure bliss of a hot shower after a freezing cold run
- 8.When you've nailed a hard run and feel absolutely unstoppable
- 9.The relief you get after popping a big blister
- 10.When you realize how blessed you are that you get to run with friends, frolicking about and exploring the world!