10 Things You Only Understand if You're a Runner
All you NARP (non-athletic regular people) just wouldn't understand. And even within the realm of athletes, us runners are a whole different breed...
- •The desire to consume everything in the fridge after Sunday long run
- •The love-hate relationship you have with the ice baths
- •When you forget to charge your Garmin
- •When someone tells you "good job," but you're A.) running awful or, B.) on your cool-down jog
- •The overwhelming excitement when the park you run at develops a new trail (especially if it's unpaved and through the woods)
- •When you run by a flock of geese and you're trying to be brave, but you are actually terrified
- •The pure bliss of a hot shower after a freezing cold run
- •When you've nailed a hard run and feel absolutely unstoppable
- •The relief you get after popping a big blister
- •When you realize how blessed you are that you get to run with friends, frolicking about and exploring the world!