Confessions of Rebellion From a Goody-goody
Psst: Don't tell my parents!
- •Riding without a helmetI do this around my college campus. I still wear my helmet off campus, but I feel rebellious nonetheless
- •Picking a flower off the fenceWhen I was in grade school, my best friend saw a flower on the playground fence she wanted to pick. Being the kind friend I am, I agreed to let her get on my shoulders to pick it. The flower belonged to a neighbor though, and my friend and I got in trouble and had to miss recess because of our "fourth grade felony."
- •Driving the wrong way in the parking lotThe sign says "One Way Only" but if I entered from the bottom and the good parking spots are at the top of the lot...
- •Typing out a curse word when I was thirteenI was on AIM and I was mad my cousin signed off on me. So, I typed a curse word and felt my cheeks flush with shame. I immediately deleted it and logged off the computer😁😔
- •Going 5 MPH over the speed limitI confess: The drive home from college is three hours of cornfields. I don't speed, necessarily, I just match the speed of traffic. And I'm too scared to go more than five miles faster than the posting.
- •False complimentsI feel awful about this one, but when someone asks if I like their haircut and I don't, I always say "yes." Or I'll evade the situation all together with a vague: "Oh! You got your hair cut!" I am not condoning this at all. Honesty is the best policy. And yet...I haven't quite gotten there in this particular area.