Heard in Teavana
As a Teavana employee, you here some wacky stuff, including:
- •Pickup linesMe: Try some tea? Customer: Hot tea? Me: Well yes, it is hot. Customer: Hot tea from a hottie Me: (quietly sinks into the wall)😓
- •"Is this marijuana tea?"To which I always respond: "No. It's maharaja. Big difference. One is delicious, and legal in Ohio. The other is not."
- •"I hate tea"That's great. But I don't walk downstairs to an employee at The Buckeye Corner and announce that I hate football and Ohio State. Respect the tea.
- •"Is it really picked by monkeys?"People always ask this when they try the Monkey Picked Oolong Tea. To which I really want to say: "What do you think? Do you honestly believe we sell tea leaves that have been touched by the feet of well-trained primates...?"
- •-Silence-This happens when someone comes back for a sample for a third- or even fourth time- in the same day. And then they see us approach and avert their eyes at all costs as they sip the tea. Silence.
- •"Will it make me any younger?"Oh Youthberry. How we hate your name.
- •More creepy pickup lines:Customer: Do you drink a lot of tea here? Me: Yes, definitely! Customer: That must be what makes you so beautiful. Me: Uh...eerr...thanks. Um....bye (slinks away to the back room)
- •"Oh! I get this tea from Starbucks all the time!"You just put a knife through my heart.
- •"Do you sell coffee here?"The knife just went deeper. Here comes the blood.
- •"I can't wait to get home and try it!"I truly love what I do as a Teavana employee, and I am overjoyed when a customer comes in and finds a tea they love or discovers a new one. This is the best comment of all!
- •"I loved that peppermint one!"😍😍😍😍Me too! That tea is called White Chocolate Peppermint. It's seasonal, but it should be coming back soon enough!!!