Ways I Know My Daddy Loves ME
I'm 21, and gage always been a daddy's girl. Even though my dad is analytical and very left-brained, there are so many ways he shows me he loves me:
- •He paid for my eating disorder treatment with not a word of complaint, even when he had to cut back in order to afford it and my stepmom had to take a second job. They never told me any of that.
- •When I'm home in the winter, he always scrapes my car off before he leaves for work.
- •He always brings me in-flight magazines from his business trips, b/c he knows I love reading the Spanish sections and doing the crossword puzzles.
- •Because of my past with anorexia, my dad always makes sure that finances never prevent me from having all I need to eat. He gives me a generous grocery budget and tells me I have to pick out one fun item a week.
- •He calls me on his drive home from work almost every weekday.
- •He loves to tell people where I go to school and is so proud to wear his Butler shirt.
- •One time, when I locked the keys in the car. He came and took care of it so I could go run with the friend I was meeting.It was my first time running with her and he saved me from looking like an idiot.
- •He plays ping-pong with me.And he doesn't let me win. 🙄
- •He teaches me more about God by always being willing to talk and discuss theological questions I have.
- •He always helps me load my car up when I'm headed back to school.And then he prays with me for a safe drive. ❤️
- •In the past few years, he has significantly grown in his listening skills and compassion, b/c that was something I needed.
- •He lets me take his picture next to every goofy hat we see.
- •We have a secret handshake. 😎😏
- •Even when doctors and therapists and my own mother, thought I would never be healthy and run again: He never gave up on me. He encouraged me to never give up and instilled a work ethic of determination in me.