THOUGHTS DURING SURF SOCCER
I joined a soccer league for undergrad engineers doing research at purdue this summer. This is what I got... (Surf = summer undergrad research fellowship)
- •Why the fuck am I playing soccer?
- •Why are contact co-ed sports allowed?
- •Did I just get side tackled?No holly, you didn't. You don't even know what that means.
- •None of these boys are even cuteOkay maybe a few strong 7s if we are putting our engineering goggles on
- •Thank god I'm bad enough to barely get any playing time
- •This is the worst 50 minutes of my weekWe play 25 minute halves, idk is that something they do in real soccer
- •Guys why did you make me team captain?Oh, you guys were trying to be ironic
- •When are we going go start drinking after this?We have 1 game every Tuesday, then we drink tequila because bored nerds love alliteration
- •Am I getting sunburned? I need shade, water, and my dignity back.I need to stop complaining but seriously it's a war zone out there on the field