MY FAVORITE HALLOWEEN COSTUMES
I wish I had pics to go with all of them!
- •She-Ra, Princess of PowerProbably my first store-bought costume. I wore the crown and arm cuffs to Christmas dinner, I loved them so much.
- •ClownMainly because I actually have the photo. And it's pretty funny.
- •Rainbow BrightBarbara made me a killer costume using a puffy wall decoration of a rainbow and striped leggings. I was 5.
- •The Tooth FairyTake a flower girl dress from a wedding earlier that year, add a necklace with a cardboard tooth covered in tin foil and angel wings. Pouf! (No one gave me any dollar bills in my bucket, though.) this was the dress at least.
- •Judith MillerNerd alert! NYT press pass, shredded note pad, and a husband who went as Scooter Libby on crutches. I loved all of our friends for "getting" it.
- •Bane Capital and Solyndra KyleWe are not the kind of people who turn down an opportunity for a politics-pop culture crossover costume. It was awesome. No one could figure it out, though. Someone thought Andrew was a rich Hannibal Lecter. Whatevs. We loved it!