FAVORITE BARS FOR A FUN WEIRD TIME IN NYC
Not NYC's BEST bars, but rather sort of weird places I find entertaining.
- •Sake Bar DecibelAn underground sake bar in the East Village. It's been around since 1993. It's like a cave and the walls are covered in graffiti.
- •Tropical 128It's rainforest-themed and you can get scorpion bowls of Long Island Iced Tea. It turns into a shitshow on Saturday nights but is still excellent earlier or on a weekday.
- •169 BarThere's a leopard-covered pool table and you can text your drink order and they'll bring it to your table.
- •Winnie'sThe best karaoke bar ever. The songs are on laser discs. Used to be a Chinatown gangster hangout. I just found out it's closing soon and I'm very sad.
- •The WoolyIt's in the ground floor of an office building all the way down in the Financial District but is decorated like a bordello slash a grandma's house. Usually you need to call to set up a party rather than just roll in but once you do it's 💯 - they always play disco music and it turns into a dance party.