SOME RECENT OVERHEARDS IN NYC
For the past few weeks I've recorded some overheard quotes. NYC in the summer is like nothing else.
- •"This summer I'm interning at Vineyard Vines"In line for the ferry to Governors Ball, the Coachella of NYC.
- •"I wonder if Mugatu is coming out of jail or something!!"At the Abercrombie store in the South Street Seaport.
- •"He's working for one of his professors, researching the Magna Carta."I wrote this one down while I was drunk and I now regrettably don't remember the context.
- •"He was blacklisted from every fraternity!"11pm Saturday night, St Marks and 2nd
- •"I forgive, but I will NOT forget. I mean, how can you forget??"Woman talking about a break up on the patio of a really bad restaurant.
- •"She's an awesome girl. But I'd rather chase after blonde girls tonight."At Ruschmeyers in Montauk, a hotel/bar that is set up like a small summer camp.
- •"I wish cabs had pizza."In the cab home from Ruschmeyers.
- •"Just order 12 kamikaze shots."At a usually great bar/restaurant taken over in part by an open bar 21st birthday party.
- •"Does your boyfriend let you wear crop tops when you're with him?"East Village teens outside my office.