These are a few reasons why.
- •Not SleepingSleep? Who can sleep when there are so many things to worry about! AND lack of sleep amplifies anxiety. So yay! It's a super fun cycle! (Not even a little fun, actually)
- •Always assuming the worst has happenedCall from my son's school? He must be dead. Unexplained physical symptoms? Cancer. My husband hasn't responded to a text in 10 minutes? Dead. Unknown number calling my phone? Someone I love is dead. See the pattern? 😕
- •Blood pressure readings at the dr.I always have to explain: "No, it's not usually this high. I just have anxiety about going to the dr. Yes, I check it regularly at home" 😟
- •The phone. Answering it. Calling some one. Just hearing it ring. It's the WORST.The best invention? TEXTING. Hands down.
- •Literally trying anything new.New restaurant? Store I've never visited? New workout? All terrible! But, I am getting better at doing these things, anyway.! It doesn't get easier, but I know I have to do things, even if it sometimes makes me so nervous/anxious I vomit. Winning, I guess? 😒
- •Asking people I don't know, questions.I know questions are good. I love when someone asks me a question. Still, it's a struggle for me to be the one with a question. It just is.
- •People like to tell me: Worrying about things doesn't help! You can't control everything! Let go and let God!"No shit? Thank you! I've had an epiphany. I'm all cured! I can't believe I've never thought of it that way!" 🖕