Favorite Soup Recipe
Thanks for the request @plaidflannel I waited until I actually made it, so I could include pictures. This is my version of ramen!
- •Vegan Ramen SoupThis is one of my favorite things to make. When I cut most meat from my diet I really missed that umami flavor. This soup has it!
- •I vary the recipe depending on what I have on hand or what I'm in the mood for.Today it was zucchini, bok choy, dried mushrooms, garlic, whole wheat soba noodles, tofu, miso, and green onions for garnish. Any cabbage, sweet onion, yellow squash, carrots, and fresh mushrooms work really well too. I always use miso and tofu!
- •I like big chunks in my soup so I leave the vegetables and tofu pretty big
- •Next I make the soup base. I use half vegetable broth, half water, 4-5 tablespoons of miso and about 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. I don't really do measurements, I just cook to taste.I bring that to a boil and allow the miso to dissolve.
- •Next I add the vegetables. Sometimes I sauté them first in a little oil. I didn't this time. I cook until just tender.
- •Next I add the noodles and tofuToday I had some whole wheat soba noodles but rice noodles and even angel hair pasta work really well! I then cook until the noodles are tender and it's done! Super easy!
- •And here is the final product!I like to add more soy sauce, Sriracha, and garnish with green onion. I like to add nori too if I have some!