Food my parents fed me that I would never give to my own kids
It was the 80s in the South. Every time I feel bad about what my kids eat, I think about all processed crap I ate and survived.
- •Pear saladCanned pear half, filled with mayo, sprinkled with Cheese, served on bed of iceberg lettuce.
- •Vienna sausages, saltine crackers and can of cokeThis was a perfectly acceptable lunch.
- •Baloney and cheese on white bread with lays chips and can of Coke
- •Chop sueyWe ate this so much for dinner. Probably once a week. Guess my mom was trying her hand at international cooking.
- •MargarineI was allergic to milk products so I don't even know how much margarine I ate, but it could help explain my cholesterol problems now.
- •Pea saladCanned peas, cheddar cheese and mayo
- •Cold hot dog right out of the fridge, sliced and served with a side of ketchupMade a great snack!
- •Spaghetti sauce made with Lipton onion soup mixCanned tomato sauce with 2 packets of the soup mix. It was very good, but the sodium content makes me shudder 😖
- •Sweet teaWhich I still love but I don't add 2 1/2 cups of sugar to a pitcher like my mom did.
- •Coca ColaUnlimited amounts. In the summer, I could easily drink 4-6 a day