I feel ridiculously pleased with myself when
- •Someone laughs at my joke.A real laugh, not the polite kind.
- •I teach my kid something new.Colors? Numbers? ABC's? Why we vote Democrat? Yep I'm responsible for that!
- •My kid does something kind for someone.This is the best. It's like I've won motherhood! Until 5 seconds later when my toddler does something like eat his booger.🙄
- •I make intelligent conversation with an adult."Hi, I read newspapers and books and oh yes I did hear about that! I know all the things that are interesting and important!" (Doesn't happen often. I'm super awkward most of the time)
- •I finish a runI feel invincible when I end strong! I mean, I only run 11 minute miles. But still, as someone who never ran a full mile before I was 33, I THINK I'm a badass if I run an hour straight without stopping. 😁
- •When I know all the words to a song. And sing along with out missing a word.I feel extra pleased if it's a Bob Dylan or Van Morrison song 🤗 Literally no one else will ever be impressed by this. But it makes me happy. Maybe one day this skill? will come in handy.
- •My house is super cleanI literally want to invite everyone I know to come over and marvel at the wonder. I have two boys and I am not the type to constantly clean. So it's maybe 2-4 times a year this happens.
- •I eat a healthy meal after I've salivated over something terrible for me.Steak? A cheese burger? Nah, I'm good with my tempeh and stir fried veggies 😅