If I had access to a time machine, I would go to...
With the assumption I can't do anything to change history just observe. Inspired by @Boogie
- •Wednesday November 9, 2016So I can stop worrying about this damn election
- •New York City -April 11 1961Bob Dylan's first major performance was on this day in NYC. He opened for John Lee Hooker. And yes a big draw would be Bob Dylan but also, New York City in 61 would be fascinating. New York City, on the cusp of the next wave of the Civil Rights movement, the next women's rights movement, after the 50s but before Vietnam.
- •September 2, 1945The day Truman declared victory over Japan and that World War II was over. It was a horrific war on all fronts. I don't think any of us born after this date can ever appreciate the sacrifices those men and woman made. I want to see everyone celebrating in the streets.
- •Fall of 1450, east coast of AmericaI want to see what America looked like before Europeans came. (As long as I'm invisible though, random white lady walking around probably wouldn't last very long)
- •1600 in LondonI want to see Shakespeare at The Globe.
- •Spring of 1949 on Route 66I want to travel the whole thing from Chicago to California
- •1940 at a Billie Holiday concertBefore years of drug and alcohol abuse took her voice.
- •November 18, 1863I want to hear Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, then promptly leave. Its one thing to read about the The Civil War and quite another to experience it.
- •August 28, 1963Hear Dr Kings "I Have a Dream Speech" in person. @Boogie I had to steal that one from you! 🙏
- •January 20th, 1961JFK's inauguration.