My favorite healthy-ish comfort foods
When I want something filling and comforting without going all bacon cheeseburger crazy!
- •Fried tofu and white rice with hoisin sauceI don't eat white rice very often so it always feels like a special occasion when I do. (I know, I live life on the edge)
- •Vegan black bean chili with saltine crackersThe saltine crackers make the meal! Lots of them crushed up in the chili!
- •Marinara Sauce and whole wheat pastaThe key for me is I add in lots of mushrooms and chunky onions. Much more filling and it makes it much more interesting to eat.
- •Bean burrito with chopped avocado and salsaI can't find a picture similar to what I make. But I microwave a frozen vegan bean burrito, cover it will a whole chopped avocado and lots of salsa.
- •Oven baked French fries with hot sauce and ketchup
- •Banana chocolate smoothiesFrozen banana, 1 tablespoon good cocoa powder, maybe a little protein powder and almond milk. Even my picky boys love these!
- •Hummus and triscuits and cut up vegetablesI could eat an entire container of hummus every day and it still wouldn't be enough!