My favorite historical figures
From American history because that's what I've mostly studied.
- 1.Martin Luther King JrYou can't really say enough good about this man. He wasn't perfect, he was human. And he not only advocated for African Americans but also for the poor and all Americans who were left out. He did it with love and without violence. And he was murdered for it.
- 2.Sam HoustonHe was adopted by the Cherokee and took care of wounded Union soldiers during the Civil War. Oh and he was President of Texas, once!
- 3.Robert E LeeHe would have proudly served The Union, if Virginia had stayed. Not defending him, but I don't think he was a bad man.
- 4.Abraham LincolnHis whole story is one big heart break after another.
- 5.Jacquelyn KennedyShe is a tragic figure in many ways, but also incredibly strong.
- 6.GeronimoHe was an Apache war hero who terrified white settlers and then spent his last days being photographed by tourists.
- 7.Harriet TubmanShe helped rescue many salves with the Underground Railroad. But she also served with the Union army as a scout and spy! An amazing human.
- 8.Andrew JacksonJust such an asshole. I can't find much good to say about him, but he's interesting.
- 9.Franklin RooseveltHe was handicapped. And he brought us out of the Great Depression. No big deal.
- 10.Lyndon B JohnsonDid you know he loved showing people his penis?! A LOT. Also, not as anti civil rights movement as some movies have suggested! He did more than JFK, to be honest.
- 11.Harry TrumanHe approved dropping atomic bombs on Japan.