Summer is fast approaching its end...these are some of my fondest memories of Summer's past 🌞🌜✨
- •Coca-cola in glass bottles 1980-1984My mom worked in a small beauty salon when I was a toddler. We had an old fashioned coke machine that only held coke in glass bottles. I can still remember the smell of that machine and the taste of ice cold coke in a glass bottle. Nothing better than drinking one on a hot summer day in Georgia.
- •Tybee Island, Georgia 1980-1984We went every Thursday in summer. We always went to the same little diner and I always had a corn dog and French fries. On the way home my mom would buy me a bag of Cheetos and my favorite part was licking the neon orange off my fingers.
- •Kiowa Island, South Carolina 1989-94We went to the beach a lot when I was a kid. When we lived in SC, Kiowa Island was about a 30 minute drive. A lot of it went through the Gullah communities and I'd see the women sitting on their porches making baskets. Even at 12, I knew it was a special place.
- •Logan Canyon, Logan UT 1995-97Logan UT is the most beautiful place I have lived. In high school my friends and I spent so much time in this canyon. The shining star of my less than stellar high school experience.
- •Austin City Limits 2007And just the summer of 07 in general. It was the most carefree, fun period of my life. I didn't know it then but by the next summer I would be pregnant. Surprise! And married! What?!? (Don't worry it worked out) So this was the last period of my life before I had to become responsible for someone other than me.
- •Summer's with my grandmother in Florida 2007-2014My Nanny lived in Florida the last years of her life, in Cocoa Beach. I went every summer for at least a week. At first just me, then when I had a family, they came too. I still miss her so much and I'm so grateful I spent the time with her that I did.