Things that are different now
6 weeks ago my world flipped upside down. And yes I'm a fragile fucking snowflake if there are any Trumpers reading this, that I haven't blocked.
- •I'm not as optimistic.Do I still think Love wins in the end? Maybe, I'm not sure. I want it to be so but I not real confident anymore.
- •My eyes are truly open now.I did not know how strong the white, racist patriarchy actually was. I do now. I won't underestimate them again.
- •I have reached out to find new friendsAfter the election, I felt very alone. I've always been ok being the lone liberal in a sea of red, but after Nov 9th, I felt a strong need to reach out to find others like me, people who share my same political beliefs and ideals. I even started a local progressive parenting group. We have 71 members so far!
- •I no longer trust that our institutions will save us.
- •I have found a closeness with internet friends that I didn't know was possible!
- •Many of my old friendships have suffered.I find it hard to relate to people who aren't terrified by what's happening.
- •I'm activatedI've been a peaceful, live and let live Liberal my whole life. I'm ready to fight now.
- •I'm afraid for my childrenAfraid they will have to fight in the next world war. Afraid they won't have the same educational opportunities I did. Afraid what kind of world we are creating for this next generation.
- •Its no longer liberal v conservative or Democrat v RepublicanIt's Donald and his minions v the rest of us. Also not picking a side is siding with Donald. You're either with us or not. It's never been clearer.