THINGS THAT TASTE LIKE MY CHILDHOOD
Inspired by @roaringsoftly
- •Grits with slice of American cheese, butter, salt, and pepper
- •Coke in glass bottles
- •Apple sauce with red hotsAnd I just realized my kids have never had this!
- •Minute steak and mashed potatoes
- •Sweet tea
- •Sour cream pound cake
- •Rice with stewed tomatoes
- •Low country boil
- •Ice cream sandwiches
- •Fried shrimp and hush puppiesWe ate at the same restaurant almost every Sunday. I always got fried shrimp.
- •Fried chicken
- •Fried green tomatoesAnd I realize it may seem like we ate a lot of fried food (we did) but it was usually just once a week! And much less as I got older.