What I'd really like to say when I meet other moms for the first time.
It is not always easy making new friends as a mom. At least it isn't for me. Of course what's below could be why? 😬💁🏻
- •Hello, nice to meet you! When any weird thing happens with my body or my kid's body I assume it's cancer! Do you do that too?
- •I love your shoes! I wish I could wear heels but I have these bunions and high heels hurt! It's not fair, but it's hereditary and the surgery for it sucks! So I'm here in my boring flats...I love your shoes!
- •Hey, you seem super cool. I am not super cool. I'm actually about to say some really awkward, not funny things. Play along? Please?
- •Oh you have the children? I have the children too! We can be friends, right?
- •Hi, yes I am white woman in Texas but for the love of all that's holy, I am a Democrat!
- •Hey, I don't really feel like complaining about being a mom. It's actually not that horrible, you know? Like, it has its ups and downs but so does life in general and I just met you so maybe you just need a therapist?
- •I'm sorry you are so busy. My life is full, but I'm actually not super busy. In fact when I start feeling too busy, I cut back. Maybe you should try that?
- •My husband is a good husband and dad, I don't really have anything to complain about? Sorry!