Cool, Female-founder Fashion Brands You Should Love
Obviously you know Clare Vivier and A.L.C. and Rosie Assoulin, but here are some more.
- •The GreatEmily Current and Meritt Elliott, the geniuses who created Current/Elliott denim and style lovely ladies like Jessica Alba, left C/E to start this new line and it's dope AF. It's a little hippie, a little Americana, kinda like a more girly Rag & Bone. THE JEANS ARE EVERYTHING, IN PARTICULAR.
- •Emilia WicksteadBritish designer who is an elegant genius with an excellent, off-beat eye for color. I don't think she cares much for prints, and she knows her way around a sophisticated silhouette. Most of her stuff is very modern Grace Kelly, but then Gigi Hadid wore her to the VMAs, which gave it a whole new look.
- •RoksandaAnother high-end designer who shows in London, I am CRAZY about the fit of her clothes. Lots of sleek pieces with interesting, artistic pops of color and unabashed femininity.
- •ZimmermannDesigned by two Sydney sisters, they do femme-sporty really well, as well as excellent swimwear. It's usually sexy in an understated way, like little hints of skin showing through a broderie anglaise cotton dress.
- •ShrimpsTHE FAUX FUR OF YOUR CANDY-COLORED DREAMS. So fun and editorial and genius. Bright colors, fun stripes, they do a mean stole/scarf, which is THE accessory for fall/winter!
- •DRESSHIRTMarieclaire St. John makes amazing button-down blouses, many of which come with detachable collars, so you can mix & match. She also does CUSTOM embroidered ones, like mine, which says KERR!
- •DylanlexDrew (the darling founder) is young and cool and NICE, and her line is hand-made in NYC, which is super unusual. Her Instagram is very inspirational as well. She makes this crazy intricate metal statement jewelry that's very Mother of Dragons in a good way.
- •TotêmeStyle blogger wizard Elin Kling is designing this minimalist sportswear line and it's pretty affordable AND chic. Available at NAP.
- •Sophia WebsterWorked under Nicholas Kirkwood, she's a shoe designer who makes fun, pop-y, COMFORTABLE shoes in a "less than most shoe designers, but still expensive" price range. Really fun prints; she also does a collab with J. Crew!
- •Janessa LeoneShe's a young, LA-based hat maker and is just as talented & nice as can be. I own a million of her hats, as does Rosie Huntington Whiteley, it seems!