Favorite Types of Uber Drivers, Lightly Ranked.
As an uber Uber user, these are the things I think about on the reg. But let's be honest: everyone gets five stars from me, because that's how I roll. (Cheerful, naive, optimistic.)
- •The one who...is silent.Sometimes, I don't want to have to work for it. I just want to sit quietly in my Uber and read LISTS and not pretend to care about whatever it is you're saying, sir.
- •The one who...lets me have a dance party.Because sometimes you just need to dance in the backseat with your friends, and this guy doesn't mind turning up the music.
- •The one who...volunteers to play my playlist/charge my phone.You sir/ma'am are a gem. Thank you for not making me ask. It feels really nice that you're a) so proactive about taking care of me and b) generous of spirit, because I could have awful taste in music for all you know.
- •The one who...wants to have a super strange talk.I like strangers and strange chats with strangers, especially when they're strange, self-appointed experts on strange topics. This happens to me a lot in Ubers, like the stance conversation I had about Studio 54 and the fluid sexuality of the mid-to-late '70s. Even if he was lying, it was still interesting.
- •The one who...opens my door.I'd say this happens more in LA (71% of the time) than NYC (45% of the time), but I am never mad at it when it does.
- •The one who...is Mr. MintsSome cars are so fully stocked—why hello there extensive selection of candy, mints, and gum—it's amazing.
- •The one who...will stop at a taco truck and knows the best one in the area.Suggested by @daniellenuss