WHAT MOVIES AND TV GET WRONG ABOUT BEING A LAWYER
Requested by @maribot...thanks! This was a fun idea.
- •How to Get Away With Murder is one of the worst. One of my favorite shows, but terrible representation of law school.
- •We don't have to stand up to answer questions in class
- •(At least at my school), nobody dresses like that to go to classOn a good day, I wear jeans and a sweater...
- •Also, we obviously don't help our professor cover up murder after murder and also do super unethical things for every case.
- •The law and order shows also don't portray the justice system very realistically
- •They make it seem like whenever a client is being interrogated and they say "I want a lawyer," that the lawyer just shows up immediatelh
- •This is far from the case - sometimes it takes a very long time
- •***SIDE NOTE - for a really good look at the terrible public defender system, watch the segment John Oliver did on public defenders. YouTube it. It's worth the 15 minutes of your time***