MOVIES SEEN THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 15TH 2016 (#35-40)
- •Me And Earl And The Dying Girl ***Good movie? Sure. Biggest buy in the history of Sundance? HUH?!?
- •Teen Witch *If only I could give negative stars.
- •Coherence ***Enjoyable low-budget sci-fi thriller in the style of Primer and Triangle. This is probably the most accessible of the three.
- •World Of Tomorrow *****I forgot how much I love Don Hertzfeld. This is so unusual and poignant and absurd. Rooting so hard for him to win the Oscar.
- •Spring ***How did I end up picking 2 movies to watch in the same night that were both about women giving birth to themselves? This was very beautiful and ponderous, and there was definitely a Zulawski reference at one point, but it lost a lot of steam when it started explaining everything and didn't stop right up until the end. Making it all about love seemed a bit too easy too.
- •Olive Kitteridge *****Splendid and miserable.