Galentine's Day Watch List
Suggestions for you and your galentines, if you're just feeling a chill night at home with waffles and wine.
- •Parks and Recreation, various episodesObviously watch the two Galentine's episodes of Parks - for history, and tradition. If crying is your jam on G-day, throw in "Goodbye Ann" between the two for some prime lady friendship feels.
- •BridesmaidsMy favorite female friendship movie. I've seen it like twenty times and still tear up at the end (when Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig make eye contact through the crowd? More tears than in Titanic tbh)
- •Broad City, various episodesMost episodes offer something G-Day apropos, but you can't go wrong with "The Last Supper", Abbi finally holding Ilana in her arms.
- •Playing House, literally any episode okay watch this showOne of the most underrated comedies on TV, Jessica and Lennon are two of my favorite real life best friends, and they translate the completely authentic gal chemistry onto the show. I watched this whole show with my best friend and it's the best way to do it.
- •Thelma and LouiseThe ultimate "ride or die" best friends.
- •Friends, Various episodesTOW All The Wedding Dresses brings us this iconic female friendship shot. I'm also fond of TOW The Last Night and TOW George Stephanopoulos for prime girl times.